Noise Risk Assessment (Penang, Kedah, Perak, Perlis, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Sabah & Sarawak)
Occupational hearing loss includes acoustic traumatic injury and occupational noise related hearing disorders (ONRHD), and can be defined as a partial or complete hearing loss in one or both ear as the result of one employment. Exposure to excessive noise is the major avoidable cause permanent hearing impairment worldwide. Therefore, Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH) have amend the noise exposure limit and imposed a more practical standard to control the exposure of excessive noise under the regulation of Occupational Safety and health (Noise Exposure) Regulation 2019 and this latest regulation is to replace Factories and Machinery (Noise Exposure) Regulation 1989 since June 2019.
FESLAB has own NRA Competence to conduct Noise Risk Assessment with following scope:
- To conduct noise risk assessment by carrying out area noise monitoring and personal noise exposure monitoring by using approved instrument that comply with the standard determined by the international electrotechnical commission (IEC).
- To tabulate, interpret and compare the area noise monitoring and personal noise exposure monitoring result with the noise exposure limit as stipulated under the under the “ Occupational Safety and health (Noise exposure) Regulation 2019”.
- To assess and study the adequacy of the existing control measures available within the work place.
- To recommend the practicable noise reduction measures such as engineering control, alternative or design or process, administrative control, personal hearing protection and etc.
- To recommend necessary programme to further reduce the risk of employees from noise induce hearing loss.